Sasha’s Tripoli certification rocket, originally built and launched in spring 2021, now serves as a team test rocket for experimental avionics and payloads. It is named after a galaxy-traveling bird from a old Soviet kids’ movie, and it’s from an Apogee Zephyr kit reconfigured for dual deployment. So far, Govorun has flown four times, with a current apogee record of 5,500 feet.
- Body Tube Material: Paper tube
- Launch in March 2021: @ MDRA, Sasha’s L1 cert, 3500 ft (single parachute)
- Launch in May 2021: @ MDRA, Sasha’s first L2 attempt, 5500 ft (single parachute)
- Launch in November 2021: @ MDRA, Sasha’s L2 cert, 3500 ft (dual-deploy)
- Launch in May 2022: @ MDRA, avionics test launch, 1000 ft (dual-deploy)